Facts & Figures
- Emory is home to 3,113 international students and 988 international scholars from over 100 countries.
- The three leading nations of origin for both our students and scholars are China, South Korea, and India.
- Emory College of Arts & Sciences, Laney Graduate School, the Rollins School of Public Health and Goizueta Business School host the largest numbers of international students.
- 86% of our international students are on an F-1 visa.
- 87% of our scholars carry J-1 or H-1B visas.
Student & Scholar data: 2020 IIE Open Doors report
Growth of Emory's international student community
Student data: Fall 2019 IIE Open Doors student report
Enrollment data taken from Fall semester enrollment.
Primary Field of Research
Scholar data: 2019 IIE Open Doors scholar report
The spending by international students studying at US colleges and universities supported more than 455,000 jobs and contributed nearly $39 billion to the U.S. economy during the 2017–2018 academic year. Visit NAFSA’s International Student Economic Value Tool to learn more about the contributions international students make to our state and district.