Transferring from Emory
As an F-1 student, you can transfer to another school during your current program or after you finish your program.
- Gain admission to a new program at a new school.
- Submit the Transfer Out Request e-form in ISSS Link. The form should be submitted at least 15 days before your last semester end date or your I-20 end date, whichever is earlier.
- If approved, your SEVIS record will be electronically transferred on the date indicated on the Transfer Out Request e-form. If you have any questions about selecting your transfer release date, please contact your ISSS Advisor.
- Report to the DSO at your new school within 15 days of your program start date on your new I-20. This completes the transfer procedure.
As a J-1 student, you can transfer from Emory to another program if you:
- Will continue pursuing your original exchange visitor program objective.
- Are in good academic standing
- Have maintained your J-1 status
- Are within the time limits listed on your DS-2019
Let your ISSS advisor know that you want to transfer to another program.
Discuss your transfer date with your ISSS advisor. Your advisor will determine the best date to set for releasing your SEVIS record to your new program. If you will stay in the US between programs, the release date must be on or before the current program end date on your DS-2019.
- Submit the Transfer Out Request e-form in ISSS Link. If approved, your SEVIS record will be electronically transferred on the transfer release date.
The RO at your new program might ask your Emory ISSS advisor to fill out a transfer form to complete the transfer process. The RO at your new institution will then have access to your SEVIS record and will create a new DS-2019 for you.
Check in and report to your new program within 30 days of your new program start date.